Welcome to USA Fit Bay Area! We are a group of first time and seasoned runners of different paces and speeds. But we all come together for one common goal. That is to prepare together to walk or run our target races, the 2018 Houston Marathon, the Aramco Half Marathon and the USA Fit Marathon and Half Marathon. If you are a first time or seasoned runner our training will help you conquer mental and physical barriers you never thought possible. The program will help you finish the race and improve your speed. You will definitely attain your goal with proven results. So Train with us, Obtain results, and Maintain for life! Make friends, have fun, and get healthy with Bay Area Fit – the best and ONLY marathon and half-marathon training group in the Bay Area!
Whether you are a couch potato, a walker or a seasoned marathoner USA Fit Bay Area will give you the tools you’ll need to become a better runner or walker. The program is geared for those who have or wish to train for their first Marathon and Half Marathon as well as the seasoned runner who is just looking to maintain or increase their pace. During training our coaches will help you achieve your personal best in a non-intimidating, fun, and safe environment.
As a member of Bay Area FIT, you’ll receive:
- Weekly training schedules
- Different programs for different pace groups
- Advanced training programs for runners looking for a BQ or PR
- An exclusive Bay Area Fit running shirt
- A smart color group shoe ID tag
- Discounts at On The Run
- Effective seminars on health and fitness
- The expertise of our coaches and so much more!
You will train for twenty-nine weeks; make new friends and reach your goals. The best benefit of all is what happens when you conquer your own personal challenges. Our members become fitter, happier, and mentally stronger. Train with us and change Your Life!
Come and join us!
See Official Training below.
—————–WEEKLY USA FIT BAY AREA TRAINING SCHEDULE——————
- Saturday mornings – Long runs/walks. Please see the schedule for times and more details
- Monday, 7 pm – Strength workout (strength, core and stretching exercises) at UBC. Bring your hydration, a mat or towel, and resistance bands if you have them. Come early to run your scheduled miles for Monday if you like.
- Tuesday, 7 pm – Bridge Word @ the Kemah Bridge. Red, Blue, Purple color groups. Orange group speed work @ CLHS or CCHS
- Thursday, 7 pm – We run Tempo from UBC. Red, Blue, Purple color groups. Orange group runs Tempo.
———————ADDITIONAL TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES – ALL UNOFFICIAL ————
- Sunday – Kemah Bridge, starting around 6 am in the parking lot north of Swamp Shack
- Tuesdays, 7 pm – Frankie Carter Randolph Park
——————— UPCOMING EVENTS —————————————
———————— UPCOMING RACES —————————————
- Toughest 10K Kemah – Sunday, September 17, 2017 @ 7:30AM
- Space City 10 Miler (October 8, 2017)
- Toughest 10K Galveston – Saturday, October 21, 2017 @ 7:30AM
- Houston Half Marathon & 10K Sunday, October 29, 2017 • Houston, TX
- LaPorte By the Bay Half Marathon – Sunday, November 19, 2017 @ 7:30AM
- Chevron Houston Marathon/Aramco Half Marathon – Sunday, January 14, 2018 @ 7:00AM
- USA Fit Marathon/Half Marathon – Sunday, January 28, 2018 @ 6:30AM