Welcome to Bay Area FIT! We are a group of training partners and friends preparing together to walk or run the Houston Full / Half Marathon in January OR the USA Fit Full / Half Marathon in February, 2015. Even if you’ve never run a step before, training with our group will help you conquer mental and physical barriers you never thought possible. It happens all the time.
See our Weekly Training Opportunities below.
We start wherever you are. Whether you are a couch potato; an occasional runner/walker or a seasoned marathoner; no matter what your conditioning or pace; there will be others to train with for one of our target events. Over the course of six short months, our coaches will help you achieve your personal best in a non-intimidating, fun, and safe environment.
As a member of Bay Area FIT, you’ll receive:
- ability-based Saturday morning group runs;
- daily training schedules to keep you progressing during the week;
- encouragement and expertise from trained coaches;
- informational seminars on running-related topics;
- camaraderie and social events;
- a Bay Area FIT technical shirt.
Twenty-nine weeks isn’t that long a time when you’re among friends working toward a common goal. But, the even greater benefit is what happens when you conquer your own personal challenges. Our members are fitter, happier, and mentally stronger than they’ve ever been before. Through this training, people change their lives forever.
Change Your Life!
We’re saving you a spot.
—————————WEEKLY TRAINING OPPORTUNITIES————————–
Sunday – Kemah Bridge at about 6:00 AM (hill work)
Monday – Kemah Bridge at about 5:00 AM (hill work)
Monday – 7 PM UBC – Strength Workout (band, floor, and core exercises)
Tuesday and Thursday – 7 PM UBC – running/walking per posted schedule
————————— UPCOMMING EVENTS ————————–
- September 11 5k run (at Ellington in memory of September 11) – www.fly2houston.com/911HeroesRun
- Kemah Toughest 10k – Sept. 20 – http://www.onetough10k.com/
- St. Thomas Family 5K/1K – Oct. 4 – https://www.signmeup.com/100844
- Space City 10 Miler – Oct. 12 – http://secure.eztoregister.com/search/event.aspx?id=26203
- Galveston Toughest 10K – Oct. 18 – http://www.toughest10kgalveston.org/
- Houston Half Marathon and Relay – Oct. 26 – http://www.houstonhalf.com/
- Christian Renewal Center – Run for Health 5K – Nov 1, 2014 – http://www.roadraceplace.com/events/run-for-health-5k-fun-run-texas-dickinson/
- LaPorte Half Marathon – Nov. 16 – http://www.laportebythebayhalfmarathon.com/
- HMSA Classical 25k – Nov. 16 – http://www.hmsaclassical25k.com/
- Holiday Half Marathon – Moody Gardens – Nov 23 http://www.halfmarathonmoodygardens.com/
- Sugarland 30k – Dec. 14 – http://www.slfinishlinesports.com/home.html#!sugar-land-finish-line-sports-30k/c1esn
See our Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/BayAreaFit?ref_type=bookmark